As the Louis Vuitton America’s Cup World Series circuit approaches its final event, all eyes are on Land Rover BAR, as the Brits on board, led by Sir Ben Ainslie, are looking to seal the deal and come out on top as hopeful winners of the America’s Cup World Series. An overall victory in the World Series will secure the winning team valuable points that can be carried forward to the America’s Cup Qualifier rounds.
The final event of this 9 event circuit will be held in Fukuoka, Japan, 18th November.
How do we get from the end of the America’s Cup World Series to the eventual America’s Cup finals in Bermuda and how, as a fan of the America’s Cup, can I join the action?
Fast forward to 2017 where come May, 6 America’s Cup teams will be firmly based in Bermuda charging around the Great Sound in their race boat. Gone for now are the AC45’s we have followed during the America’s Cup World Series replaced by 50 foot foiling machines, each team showcasing their design prowess in what is essentially a design race.
With the race boats reaching speeds in excess of 45kts (equivalent of 50mph) the scene of 6 of these boats taking to the water at the same time will be a sight to behold.
At a glance, here is the plan for Bermuda;
- 6 teams compete in the Qualifier Rounds starting 26th May 2017
- 4 teams will remain as 1 one will be eliminated and the current defender (Oracle Team USA) sits the next round out
- 4 teams will compete in the Challenger Series, of which only 1 will remain. 3 teams will be eliminated. Challenger Series starts 7th June 2017
- The 1 remaining team will become the ultimate challenger for the America’s Cup, taking on the current defenders, ORACLE Team USA.
- The America’s Cup finals start on the 17th June and is a match race between the new challenger and current defender.
To join the action, come for the Qualifiers, the Challenger Series or the Finals and support the British team with a unique hospitality offering, brought to you by the organisers of the America’s Cup World Series Portsmouth 205 & 2016. www.britannia-hospitality.com
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION & DETAILS: firstname.lastname@example.org
TEL: +44 (0) 78 1000 3927